Viniflora® Oenos™ 2.0 is a Oenococcus oeni selected for faster malolactic fermentation. Viniflora® Oenos™ 2.0 was launched in 2014 as a new generation of Viniflora® Oenos™. Viniflora® Oenos™ 2.0 fits the same specifications as Viniflora® Oenos™. However, it was selected for even faster malolactic fermentation. This means that when a winemaker desires a fast, efficient and reliable malolactic fermentation Viniflora® Oenos™ 2.0 should be the first choose.
- The go-to malolactic bacteria for safety and speed in a broad variety of wine styles
- Produces a medium amount of diacetyl
- Goes well with most grape varieties, but is mainly used in Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot, Malbec, Pinot noir, Gamay, Nebbiolo, Carignan, Tempranillo and Chardonnay
- Can be used for early co-inoculation, late co-inoculation as well as sequential inoculation
- Recommended for white and red wines
- Direct inoculation, freeze-dried bacteria – does not require rehydration
- High numbers of active cells which ensure a quick start of fermentation
- This strain is pH tolerant to 3.2, Total SO2 to 40 ppm, temperature 62 – 77 ͦF and alcohol to 15% (v/v)
- Low level of volatile acidity
- Cinnamoyl Esterase Negative
This pouch is good for 66 gallons of wine.