Bladder presses are a simple and highly effective way of extracting juice from apples, grapes or other pitless fruit to make cider or wine. Pairs perfectly with the Electric Apple Grinder.
Speidel was the original manufacturer of the bladder press. While similar to the Italian models in operation, Speidel offers a few quality upgrades. To obtain a better press Speidel uses a slotted screen, similar to what is offered on large commercial presses, instead of a screen with circular perforations. Speidel presses also offer superior hardware and a recessed valve assembly (to reduce accidental breakage). Insert bag and outer splash guard included. Compared to other presses, the Speidel hydro press has a higher juice yield (~65-70%) and works completely without electricity and with minimal effort.
This press can be used with any domestic water supply the provides at least 2.5 bar (36 psi) of pressure. Pressing pressure and pressing time is simply regulated by the water flow. These units are extremely easy to care for and can be cleaned quickly by simply spraying it down with a hose after use. You will find the quality you'd expect from a product that is 100% German-made.
Overall height is 35" and basket height is 18.5". A press cycle averages around 40 minutes.
- Complete press assembly
- Inner mesh bag (to keep fruit from getting in the stainless basket and make cleanup easier)
- Plastic "spray-protection bag" to keep juice from squirting out
- Fittings to connect garden hose
- Instruction manual
- Presses ship in a corrugated box. Minor assembly (attaching legs) is required before use
- 1 Year Warranty on all parts!
Can the press be operated with air pressure?
- No. These are hydraulic presses that may only be operated with water. When operating with compressed air, there is a risk of explosion and a very high risk of injury if the membrane bursts due to excess pressure or damage.
Is a minimum water pressure required?
- In order to ensure the function and the best possible yield, there should be a minimum water pressure of 2-2.5 bar on the press.
What if the water supply delivers more than 3 bar?
- In principle, this is not a problem, as if the water pressure inside the press exceeds 3 bar, the pressure relief valve opens and there is no pressure-related damage.
How many apples make how much juice?
- On average, 50kg (110 lbs) of apples produce around 30-35L (8-9 gal) of juice, depending on the variety and quality of the apples.
Due to size and weight, this item is excluded from any flat rate / free shipping offers.
Limited stock available in-store. Please allow additional time for processing.