Liquid PBW is a buffered alkaline detergent that has been proven to be more than an effective substitute for caustic cleaners. Because of its unique formulation of buffers and mild alkalis, it is safe on skin as well as soft metals such as stainless steel, aluminum, and on plastics.
P.B.W. uses active oxygen to penetrate carbon or protein soils and is not affected by hard water. The oxygen also helps in reducing B.O.D. and C.O.D. in wastewater, which is an added environmental benefit. The concentrations to remove these soils are typically in the 1% range.
However, due to soil and water conditions, this concentration will vary. To help in hard water areas P.B.W. has been formulated with enough chelators to tolerate hard water over 17 grains. P.B.W. is an excellent choice as a soak cleaner because it does not require excessive heat as do most caustic-based cleaners. This product has cleaned brass and copper filters, and industrial aluminum surfaces successfully.
- Replaces Caustic Cleaners
- Great for CIP, Manual, Soak and Spray applications
- Effective at a wide range of temperatures; hot/cold
- Free Rinsing
- User and Environmentally friendly
- Non-Hazardous & Non-Corrosive
- Excellent hard water tolerance
- Phosphate and EDTA free
- Fragrance free
- Chlorine Free
General Use Instructions:
- 1-2oz per gallon of water @ 50-170 degrees Fahrenheit
- CIP or Soak for 15-20min (the hotter the temperature of the solution the less contact time is needed. The colder the solution the longer the contact time needed.)
- Rinse with the same temperature of water used to clean for 1-3 minutes
- Sanitize before use
DANGER -Can be harmful if swallowed. Can cause eye irritation. Contains sodium metasilicate and sodium carbonate.
FIRST AID - For contact with skin and eyes, flush thoroughly with cool running water. For eyes, flush for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Drink large amounts of milk or water. Call a physician.
Handling and Storage Requirements:
Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Always wash your hands after handling the product.
Keep out of the reach of children. Keep the container tightly closed. Store in a dry, cool, and well-ventilated place.
Country of Origin: USA
Disposal: generation of waste should be avoided or minimized wherever possible. Dispose of in a safe manner in accordance with local/national regulations. Empty containers or liners may retain some product residues. Recycle empty containers where allowed.
- Appearance: Clear liquid
- Rinsing Ability: Excellent
- Foam: none above 100*F
- pH of 1% solution: 12.0%