WildBrew™ Sour Pitch is a ready-to-use, high-performance, and high-purity lactic acid bacteria specifically selected for its ability to produce a wide range of sour beer styles.
WildBrew™ Sour Pitch produces a clean and balanced citrus flavor profile typical of both traditional and modern sour beer styles. When inoculated at optimal temperature and the right conditions, it is a powerful, safe and easy way to handle bacteria for various beer souring techniques, such as a typical kettle souring process.
Styles which can be brewed with WildBrew™ Sour Pitch include, but are not limited to, Berliner Weisse, Gose, lambic-style, American Wild, and Sour IPA. WildBrew™ Sour Pitch will deliver unmatched consistency, effortless application, fully assured performance and unparalleled purity for brewing the sour beer style of your choice.
Focus on your creativity and style and let WildBrew™ Sour Pitch do the rest.
Citrus, Tangy, Sour
3.2 - 3.5
30°C - 40°C (86°F - 104°F)
Classiffied as Lactobacillus plantarum, a facultative hetero-fermentative strain.
Typical Analysis of WildBrew™ Sour Pitch:
- Viable Bacteria > 10" CFU/g
- Dry Matter > 92%
- Coliform < 102CFU/g
- Acetic Bacteria < 104CFU/g
- Moulds < 103CFU/g
- Yeast < 103CFU/g
In line with Lallemand’s strict quality control and assurance procedures, every single batch of WildBrew™ Sour Pitch is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance.
In Lallemand’s Standard Wort conditions, WildBrew™ Sour Pitch bacteria exhibits:
- Fast pH drop that can be completed within 2 days (typically within 24 to 36 hours).
- High lactic acid versus lower acetic production.
- Aroma and flavor is citrus and tangy with a hint of fruit.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Sour Pitch when producing sour beer styles is between 30°C to 40°C (86°F to 104°F).
CONDITIONS OF USE
- Inoculation 10g/hL
- pH > 3.4
- Temperature 30 - 40°C (86 - 104°F)