Natural cork is the traditional and preferred cork of professional winemakers across the globe. "DEFINITIVA" corks provide the ultimate whole natural cork at a spectacular price. These grade 0 corks (rated from 0-10, 0 being best) are a great option for most bottlings, including extended aging (5-20 years). 24mm X 44mm, #9 x 1.75". Fits standard cork finish (neck) bottles.
Italy produces more wine than any country in the world and Molinas is the largest Italian cork supplier with over 1 billion corks produced annually. Molinas Cork was started over 100 years ago by Pietro Molinas on the Italian island of Sardinia. Besides its beautiful beaches and designation as one of the world's five Blue Zones, Sardinia is known for its large, government protected Cork tree forests.
Today, the 4th generation of the Molinas family sustainably harvests cork from these protected trees. Compared to most cork available in the market, the bark is allowed to mature an additional year. This leads to a less porous, higher quality cork, and has less impact on the forest. Throughout the entire process from tree to finished cork, quality control is strictly monitored.
- Natural cork is the preferred traditional cork of professional winemakers
- "DEFINITIVA" Grade 0 (rated 0-10) is our most premium cork, for the finest wines
- 24mm X 44mm, #9 x 1.75" | Fits standard cork finish (neck) bottles
- Recommended aging time: Up to 20 years
- Molinas Cork has been sustainabily harvesting from the cork forests of Sardinia for over 100 years
- Bark is aged an additional year prior to harvest, leading to less porous, higher quality cork