Tannin Complex is a proprietary cellaring and finishing product. It is a blend of proanthocyanidic (exotic woods) and ellagic (oak) tannins. It enhances structure, aids color stabilization and provides antioxidant protection. It is less reactive and more polymerized than some other tannins, thus it integrates well and provides balance. It is particularly useful in wines with up-front fruit or where smooth tannin structure is lacking.
- Cellaring tannin for red wine
- Prior to barrel aging red wine: 50-300 ppm || 5-30 g/hL || 0.42-2.4 lb/1000 gal
- Prior to bottling (3-6 weeks): 30-100 ppm || 3-10 g/hL || 0.24-083 lb/1000 gal
Directions for use:
- During transfer or racking add Tannin Complex into the wine, mixing well for homogeneity. Additions may be made during the first 2-3 rackings, followed by organoleptic evaluation. Final additions should be made 3-6 weeks before bottling to allow for complete polymerization and settling.
- Allow a minimum of 24 hours before tasting the results.
Packaging and Storage:
- Dated expiration. Unopened the shelf life is 5 years at 18ºC (65ºF). Once opened keep tightly sealed and dry